Now you can control/limit your internet speed (wifi connection) bandwidth all by yourself for all kind of devices like your pc, laptop, mobile phones like android or iphone or ipad or ipod. Just you need to have is TP-link router or similar kind of router that supports bandwidth control feature.
I guess you all are facing facts that whenever there are too many users on your network, usually through wifi connection, you will experience a drastic drop in internet connection speed as it is splitted among the users. So, what if there is a way to control other’s internet speed or limit the wifi connection speed, so that you may not experience so great loss of internet speed even though the number of wifi user increases. Excited!! yes get excited to live so.
Lets’ get started with the tutorial then.
Step to limit wifi speed or bandwidth from TP-link:
- Login to your router
If you have not changed anything in your router then following default value may apply:
Default ip : 192.168.0.1
- Go to–> Bandwidth Control
- Go to –> Bandwidth Control–>Control Settings and tick on ‘Enable Bandwidth Control’ option and set Egress Bandwidth: 100000 Kbps and Ingress Bandwidth :100000 Kbps and click on Save
- Go to –> Bandwidth Control–> Rule list
- Click on Add New
- Set the ip range that you want to limit bandwidth for.
In this case, we will set it to 192.168.0.101-192.168.0.254 but if you want to limit only one device ip then set it to 192.168.0.101-192.168.0.101 (assuming your device ip is 192.168.0.101)
- Now set Egress Bandwidth (uploading speed) and Ingress Bandwidth (downloading speed) in Kbps
- Click on Save
Note, we are performing the above tutorial on TP-link 300M Wireless N RouterModel No. TL-WR841N / TL-WR841ND